Wednesday 29 June 2011

Fools rush in where Angels fear to ski

Enthused by my blue runs and P’s black run we decide to attempt another trip to New Mexico and the Angel Fire resort but commitments and everyone being available mean we can’t do this until mid March.



We drive in a van…for 12 hours…it is a long way but I entertain people with an eclectic mix of music including


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k99RBzE04Q


When we get there due to a poor season the snow is, as you can see a bit sparse






In fact it is only on the slopes and clearly the dirt will stop me should I be heading for Kansas:



Well if all this lot are doing it then it can’t be that bad and down here it is an unseasonal 65 degrees so we can really top up our tan!




So off we set – raring





But this is a different ball game altogether in fact .....

a ball bearing game and I am transformed into this


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9USvi173GE


And if anyone says cut your edges I say ^%^%^%^%$E$^*yours

Fed up of executing U bends instead of S bends we pause for lunch and then a spot of sunbathing…






Yep it is that warm so why I hear you cry am I still wrapped up…well padding basically.


By the end of the 3 days the snow below the ski lift has diminished to nothing so the prospect of falling 30 feet onto rock is daunting.


We head back on the long trip taking in Cadillac Ranch




for a spot of permissible graffitiing






Apparently a representation of western wasteful decadence…well that lesson went home..

and so did we

No comments: