Saturday 3 January 2009

1.30 January 3rd , Fort Worth and it's 75 degrees

I guess I have to start with Happy New year though quite a few of you are making me feel guilty for starting with such a cliche. I was beginning to feel rude having not bored you for a couple of months. And I may now have seriously tee'd you off with such a nice temperature (yesterday got to 77 today will be 80). Does it help entice you back if I say thanks for supporting me and reading the blog over the last 18 months.

For me 2008 seemed to come to an end in a bit of a rush. I had a great Xmas back in England and the brightness of the weather was great. I have had a lovely cosy time with Riona and it has been good to see family and friends.

P and I have not done huge amounts of travelling over last 8 weeks (except of course to England). My trips to exotic Scarborough and Cardiff are worth a mention and not just for the mulled wine in the pub to which Roisin takes me and the Whackers' cod and chips complete with two slices of bread and a pot of tea kindly donated by Mr Mark Billam Esq. expert on the dietary shortcomings of the US population.

Here's a few pictures I didn't put up in 2008 as I found the snoring with some of my longer entries was discombobulating that long piece of string that connects us across the Atlantic and was in danger of severing it permanently.

So here goes:

A distorted Empire State Building



More hidden artistry in New York you have to look up to



Wimbledon's Colonial Cousin




A Texan sunset



Muriel in Brighton beach (Little Russia by the Sea)



And Philadelphia



Pools of light, Shenandoah



Flutterby, Shenandoah



A Japanese backwater of Williamsburg



Another example of the copious fungi of Shenandoah



Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah/Virginia



Sharman before the snake...., Shenandoah



Do my feet reveal
a) a floor tiler's smutty joke (or my smutty mind),
b) enhance a piece of erotica
c) (if you believe a as well) prove it is possible to slip one past the God Fearin' Texan grand inquisitor of imagery, literature and the performing arts.



Well Ar say boyyyyy if Ar didn't know better this is the biggest, Ar mean THE BIGGEST chicken coop full of..... THE noisiest bunch of barrel chested gun toting roosters in modern politics (Texas State Building, Austin, Texas).



Sometimes it is the little things....Hinges in the Texas State Capitol building...



Flying into San Francisco



Muriel in the Medical quarters of the USS Lexington, Corpus Christi



Door handle, Texas State Building



An artiste off to work at Venice beach



The small car that never caught on in Texas



Always makes me think in gentle moments of Mrs Doubtfire, in angry moments of Clint Eastwood



Carmel Beach, Japan (just kidding)



San Francisco Fancy Dress Shop



Stage left - the feet of the Honorary member of same group....



Sunset over Yosemite







Hydro-electric power station - Niagara



Pretty flora - Adirondacks



Wintry Laburnum Avenue, Hull





Brecon Beacons - December







My mate - P.



And a giant (albeit Hershey) Kiss to you all for 2009

No comments: