Sunday 10 February 2008

Thelwell meets Outlaw Susie Wales

Can you spot the resemblance between this and


the picture to be revealed if you click here

I said I would do it though I have to confess it is not the first time. The first time the batteries did die in the camera. I knew my legs were short but this has been a negative epiphany.....if you have an urge to post a comment on the blog please reserve it for none short fat hairy leg Ernie Wise jokes.

This time though my horse was thinner - Dave got Joker who I had last time and he is (the horse not Dave) a little like the cartoon one. I'd like to say we made an orderly group on our trail ride but Riona and I were at the back sniggering at:

1 the size of "ass" on P's charge and the fact that the sassy walk suggested that it was a re-incarnation of Marilyn Monroe walking down the platform in Some like it Hot

2 Joker stopping every five minutes to eat to maintain her girth

To add to the confusion was one of those unfortunate fanny pack (US for bum bag) moments when american use of language and our sometimes juvenile pc sensitivities collide - my horse apparently was "spunky" and also liked to jump the creeks rather than go down one side and up the other so:

1 I found myself explaining spunky meaning spirited

2 when my horse TITAN who did not like being the last in line came right up behind Riona's horse in an attempt to get in front she got slightly nervous that the old definition of spunky applied

3 this fear was compounded when hearing our laughter the trail guide turned round. I told him that TITAN was getting too close and he then said pull him back if he is getting too frisky! So what did he mean now???

4 correct interpretation was affirmed when at the second creek...having lulled me into a false sense of security and with no warning whatsoever spunky TITAN launched himself across the void, no photographic evidence again but apparently I looked like this:

click here


I attach a picture of us all when composure was restored down by Grapevine Lake.



Having completed my crash course in horse management I have successfully graduated to doing this:


and this

and this

and not to be forgotten....this



Indulge me by clicking here and going straight to 2 minutes and 7 seconds

No comments: